To map a field that already exists in HubSpot to a non-existent field in Salesforce, you will need to create the field in Salesforce and then manually map it inside of HubSpot. If the field already exists in Salesforce and HubSpot, but is simply not mapped yet, skip to Step 2 to create a field mapping.
1. In Salesforce:
- Navigate to Setup > Customize > Leads/Contacts/Accounts/Opportunities > Fields.
If you are using the Salesforce Lightning experience:
- Click on the gear in the upper right corner > Setup.
- In the left sidebar, select Objects and Fields > Object Manager > select Lead/Contact/Account/Opportunity.
- Click the New in the (Custom) Fields & Relationships section.
- Choose a field type that matches the field type in HubSpot. Click Next.
- Enter a field label, length, and any other necessary fields.
- Choose the Salesforce profiles that can see this field and then select the page layouts on which it should appear.
- Click save to finish creating the field.
Please note that if you want a field to appear on both leads and contacts, you will need to do this step for both objects and should create the field each time with the same name and field type.
2. In HubSpot:
- Navigate to Account Menu in the top-right corner and click Integrations.
- Within the Salesforce section, click Settings.
- Choose Contact Field Mappings/Company Field Mappings/Deal Field Mappings from the left side menu.
- Click Add new field mapping.
- If your property already exists in HubSpot, select it from the Choose Existing HubSpot Property dropdown.
- To create a new contact property, select Create New HubSpot Property and name your HubSpot property. HubSpot will automatically match the field type and options of your Salesforce field.
- Choose an update rule for how data will move between HubSpot and Salesforce. (To learn more about these update rules, check out this article.)
- Click Save Mapping.
- In the dialog box that appears, decide whether you'd like to automatically sync your contacts now to update them with the new field mapping or wait until a sync is triggered for each of them.