By default, contacts that are currently enrolled in a workflow will not be unenrolled when they no longer meet the enrollment triggers. You can change this setting for your workflow by taking the steps below:
- Navigate to workflows:
- In your HubSpot Marketing Professional or Enterprise account, navigate to Contacts > Workflows.
- In your HubSpot Sales Professional account, navigate to Sales Tools > Workflows.
- Click the Settings tab, then click Unenrollment and suppression in the left sidebar menu.
- Under the When a contact no longer meets the enrollment conditions, remove them from this workflow? setting, select Yes, remove them from this workflow.
- Click Save at the bottom left.
Please note: changes to this setting are forward-moving and will only affect contacts enrolled in the workflow that no longer meet the enrollment triggers after the setting has changed. If you have a contact currently enrolled in the workflow that no longer met the enrollment triggers before the setting was changed to Yes, they will not be unenrolled from the workflow and you will need to manually unenroll them.
This setting also applies to test contacts. If you enroll a test contact that does not meet the enrollment triggers when this setting is enabled, they will be automatically unenrolled from the workflow and will not execute any of the steps.