The HubSpot Sales tools currently operate under limits to better align with the inbound sales process, which emphasizes personalized communication between buyer and seller and ensures logistical success while operating within the bounds of the HubSpot CRM and your third-party tools.
Below are the tool restrictions for HubSpot Sales Free, Sales Starter, and Sales Professional:
50 total calls
|500 minutes/user/month||2,000 minutes/user/ month|
|1,000 documents||1,000 documents|
|Notifications||200 open notifications/ month||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Sequences||Unavailable||150 daily sequence enrollments||150 daily sequence enrollments|
|Snippets||5 snippets with a 500-character limit per snippet||1,000 snippets with a 500-character limit per snippet||1,000 snippets with a 500-character limit per snippet|
|Templates||5 templates||1,000 templates||1,000 templates|
- Sales Free users are allotted 15 calling minutes per month with a lifetime limit of 50 calls total as a way to trial the calling features as part of HubSpot Sales.
- HubSpot Sales Starter users are given 500 minutes per month.
- HubSpot Sales Professional users are given 2,000 minutes per month.
- HubSpot Sales Professional users can purchase additional calling minutes through Twilio Connect. Learn how here.
- Sales Free users are given access to five documents in their CRM account. This means that if a free user is added to an account where five or more documents have already been uploaded, that free user will be able to view and use only the first five documents that were uploaded in that account.
- Sales Starter and Professional users have access to 1,000 documents in their CRM account.
- HubSpot Sales Free, Starter, and Professional users can integrate meetings with their Google Apps/Office 365 calendar, schedule unlimited events, and insert their meetings link in Gmail or Outlook.
- HubSpot Sales Free users are limited to one booking page and cannot remove the HubSpot branding. Sales Starter and Professional users can have unlimited booking pages and can remove the HubSpot branding, along with customizing forms questions and meetings branding, creating team meetings links and personalized meetings links, and embedding meetings on external pages.
- Sales Free users are allotted 200 open notifications per month using HubSpot Sales tools. If this limit is exceeded, then the activity feed will be locked until the limit resets on the first of the month.
- Sales Starter and Professional users can receive an unlimited amount of open and click notifications.
- HubSpot Sales Free users have access to the free dashboards for Marketing and Sales in addition to canned reports for contacts, companies, deals, and engagements.
- HubSpot Sales Starter users have access to the free dashboards for Marketing and Sales and canned reports for contacts, companies, deals, and engagements in addition to canned reports for the Sales Starter sales tools.
- HubSpot Sales Professional users have access to the free dashboards for Marketing and Sales and canned reports for contacts, companies, deals, and engagements in addition to canned reports for the Sales Professional sales tools. Sales Professional users will also have access to a Sales Professional dashboard in additiont to the ability to create custom reports.
The sequences tool gives HubSpot Sales Starter and Professional users the ability to set up an initial outreach email to a prospect followed by a series of follow-up emails set by the user. Sequences will continue to send the pre-set follow-up emails until the email recipient responds to the email, the recipient books a meeting with the user, or the sequence ends. Sequences allows users to send customized emails to their prospects without the hassle of keeping track of follow-ups.
Each Sales Starter or Professional user is limited to initiating 150 sequences per day. This count resets at midnight UTC. In creating this limit, HubSpot took into account the sending limit for G Suite (formerly Google Apps), which limits users to 2,000 email sends per day. Accounting for multiple sends within the lifespan of a sequence, HubSpot set the limit to 150 sequences initiated per day to ensure that no user hits their sending limit in G Suite.
G Suite sets that sending limit to mitigate the amount of emails that are marked as spam to ensure a high deliverability rate and account health for G Suite users. Sending more than 2,000 emails per day significantly increases the likelihood of recipient servers marking emails as spam, so setting that limit encourages a healthy sending environment for both sender and recipient.
Please note: HubSpot will not be able to increase the limit of sequence enrollments.
Beyond the logistical send limits, HubSpot also wants to ensure that each sequence is customized to the recipient and has the feel of a genuine one-to-one email. Check out this article about the advantages inherent in customizing your sequences.
- HubSpot Sales Free users can access up to five snippets in their account.
- HubSpot Sales Starter and Professional users have unlimited access to snippets.
- All snippets for all HubSpot Sales users are limited to 500 characters in length. Read more about using snippets here.
- Sales Free users are given access to five templates in their CRM account. This means that if a free user is added to an account where five or more templates have already been created, that free user will be able to view and use only the first five templates that were created and shared in that account.
- Sales Starter and Professional users have access to 1,000 templates in their CRM account.