If your Facebook Ads account doesn't appear when you try to connect it to HubSpot, or if you see an error during the account connection process, try the following troubleshooting steps.
1. Ensure you’re using the correct Facebook user
When connecting your Facebook Ads accounts to HubSpot, Facebook will try to detect if you're already logged in. If you're logged in to Facebook, the user that you're logged in with will be used to authorize the HubSpot connection. This can be an issue if you have multiple accounts or if someone else is logged in to Facebook on your computer.To ensure that you're logged in to the correct Facebook account:
- Open a new tab in your browser and navigate to Facebook.
- If you're brought to the sign-in page, log in with the correct user.
- If you're already signed in to Facebook, sign out and then sign back in as the correct user.
- After logging in as the correct user, connect the Facebook Ads account to HubSpot again.
If your Facebook Ads account still doesn't appear while connecting, you may need to check your Facebook Ads permissions.
2. Check your user permissions
To connect a Facebook Ads account to HubSpot, you need to be an admin in the ad account. To check your ad account permissions in Facebook:
- Navigate to your Facebook Business Manager. If you have access to multiple Facebook Business Managers, you’ll need to select the business manager that your ad account is owned by.
- In the top right, click Business Settings.
- In the left menu, select Ad Accounts.
- Click the desired ad account to see a list of all Facebook users who currently have access.
- Click your user to expand your settings. Ensure that the Manage Ad Account toggle under Admin Access is turned on.
- If you don't currently have admin access, another admin in the ad account must toggle the Manage Ad Account switch on.
- After confirming that you're an admin in the ad account, navigate back to HubSpot and connect the Facebook Ads account.
If your Facebook Ads account still doesn't appear while connecting, you may need to reset HubSpot's app permissions in Facebook.
3. Reset HubSpot app permissions
After confirming that you're signed in to Facebook as an admin user, you may still need to reset HubSpot's permissions on the Facebook side.
When you connect a Facebook Ads account, HubSpot requests app permissions from Facebook. These permissions allow HubSpot to display your ads, report on your ads, and more. If these permissions are edited or removed, it can cause issues in HubSpot's ads tool. To ensure that HubSpot has all the proper permissions, you can disconnect HubSpot from within Facebook, then reconnect:
- Navigate to your Facebook Ads settings and remove the HubSpot Ads integration.
Please note: when you remove the HubSpot Ads integration from Facebook, the Facebook Ads account will disconnect from any HubSpot account that it's currently connected to. You will need to reconnect the Facebook Ads accounts to all HubSpot accounts that you've integrated with.
- In your HubSpot account, connect the Facebook Ads account again. During this process, HubSpot will ask for all the required permissions.
- With app permissions reset, you should now see your Facebook Ads account while connecting.