The calling tool in HubSpot has different limits depending on your account type:
- The HubSpot CRM includes 15 calling minutes per month per user, without the option to purchase additional minutes.
- HubSpot Sales Hub Starter includes 500 calling minutes per month per user, without the option to purchase additional minutes.
- HubSpot Sales Hub Professional includes 2,000 calling minutes per month per user, with the option to be billed for additional minutes (see below).
An alert will appear in your HubSpot account when you're within 100 minutes of your calling limit. Please note that if you reach your limit while on a call, you will be able to complete that call, but will not be able to make additional calls that month.
If you are a Sales Hub Professional user and have reached your limit of 2,000 calling minutes for the month, you can create a Twilio Connect account to be billed as you go for additional calling minutes directly through Twilio, our third-party vendor for calling. To do so:
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- Navigate to Sales > Calling in the left sidebar menu.
- Scroll down to the Twilio Connect section and click Connect an account.
- You'll be redirected to Twilio to create an account or log in to your existing account to authorize the connection to HubSpot.
- Once your Twilio account is connected, you'll be redirected back to HubSpot.
- When you make a call to a contact using additional minutes, a banner will appear at the top of the Call tab in the contact timeline reminding you that the call is being billed per minute through Twilio Connect.
- You can view the number of additional calling minutes used and the amount billed for the month in the Twilio Connect section.
Please note: Twilio's pricing for additional calling minutes varies based on the location of the caller and the recipient. There will be no markup to the pricing from HubSpot. Also, please keep in mind that how you place the call will affect your minutes usage. When using the Call from phone option, you will be charged for each leg of the call. The first leg is the connection between your phone and Twilio. The second leg is Twilio to your contact. The listed call rates are per leg. Just as Call from phone uses double the amount of HubSpot-included minutes, this option will charge you twice as much when using Twilio Connect.