The Automatically create and associate companies with contacts feature allows HubSpot to do the work of matching companies and contacts based on the contact's email address and the company's domain. HubSpot will also create new companies for you if we can match the domain name to a company in our database.
You can disable this feature for specific domains within your settings. To do so:
- Navigate to Contacts & Companies settings:
- In your HubSpot Marketing Basic, Professionals, or Enterprise account, navigate to Contacts > Contacts Settings, then select Contacts & Companies in the left sidebar menu.
- In your HubSpot Sales account, navigate to Settings, then select Contacts & Companies in the left sidebar menu.
- Under the Automatically create and associate companies with contacts setting, click Opt a domain out of automatic association.
- In the dialog box that appears, add the domains for which you'd like to prevent the creation or association of company records.
- Click Save.
This prevents HubSpot from creating a new company record when a contact is added with an email address that matches the domain you set here.