Follow the steps below to use manual lead scoring to increment contacts' HubSpot Score based on page views.
Please note: Only Professional and Enterprise customers can create lead scoring rules based on page views.
- Navigate in HubSpot Marketing to Content > Content Settings.
- On the left side, select Marketing > Lead Scoring.
- Click + Add new set to create a positive or negative attribute.
- Set the rule criteria to Page View | Contact | *choose the appropriate operator* | *www.pageurl.com*
- Click Done and then click Save in the upper right corner to update your scoring rules.
Read the information below to learn how each of the page view operators works:
- Exact URL applies to visitors who have/have not visited a specific URL
- For example, if you want to score contacts who visited http://www.yoursite.com/home BUT NOT http://www.yoursite.com/home/about, your rule could be has visited (exact URL) | http://www.yoursite.com/home
- URL containing applies to visitors who have/have not visited a some variation of the URL that you enter
- For example, if you want to score contacts who visited http://www.yoursite.com/home OR http://www.yoursite.com/home/about, your rule could be has visited (part of URL) | http://www.yoursite.com/home
- URL that matches regular expression is an advanced functionality that HubSpot Support does not support. These filters should only by implemented by users who are familiar with Regular Expressions. RegExr is a helpful website to learn, build, & test Regular Expressions.
- Please note that if it takes our internal processes more than one second to test a contact against a condition using a regex filter, HubSpot will automatically return "false" and the contact will not pass the evaluation for that filter.