HubSpot Owner is included in your HubSpot account as a default property, but you can also create custom properties that will allow you to set any user in your account as an owner for your contacts, companies, or deals. You can use custom owner properties to segment your records based on multiple owners.
Please note: at this time, custom owner properties cannot be used to report on owned records or restrict user permissions to Owned only records.
To create a custom owner property:
- Navigate to your properties:
- In your HubSpot Marketing Basic, Professional, or Enterprise account, navigate to Contacts > Contacts Settings.
- In your HubSpot Marketing Free or Starter or HubSpot Sales account, navigate to Contacts. Click the Customize dropdown menu and select Edit properties.
- Click the tab of the property type (Contact, Company, or Deal) you'd like to create.
- Click Create a property.
- Set a label, description, and group for your property. In the Field type dropdown menu, select HubSpot user. Click Create.
You can now use this property to set secondary ownership for your records.