If you'd like contacts to receive different emails based on how they filled out a form, you can use the workflow's segmentation options to segment for the desired contacts.
Please note that these methods involve workflows and forms, so they only apply to Marketing Professional and Enterprise users.
- First, create the automated emails to send in your workflows.
- Once you've created your email, navigate in your HubSpot Marketing account to Contacts > Workflows.
- Click Create workflow.
- Name your workflow and choose Start from scratch, then click Create workflow.
- Click Set enrollment triggers and select Form submission from the enrollment triggers options.
- Next, select the form in question. If necessary, to further refine your enrollment trigger, you can also select one of the pages on which the form appears or leave any page selected to enroll contacts who fill out the form on any page. Please note you can only select live HubSpot pages under the any page dropdown menu. To save this criterion, click Done.
- If you'd like enroll contacts who already meet the set criteria, check the Enroll contacts who already meet these criteria, then click Save.
- Click the plus icon to add an action and select Add if/then branch.
- Select Contact property.
- Choose the property that was used as a field on your form and set the criteria for that property (e.g. Contact Property is equal to all of...). You'll be able to use the Yes and No branches to send different emails depending on whether or not the contact's response to this field on your form matches the criteria you've set here.
- Click Save.
- Click the plus icon under the Yes branch to set an action for contacts whose response to the field meets the criteria you've set in the if/then branch.
- Select Send email.
- Choose the email you'd like to send contacts who meet the criteria of your if/then branch from the dropdown.
- Click Save.
- You can now add a Send email action to the No branch to send a different email to contacts who do not meet the criteria of your if/then branch. You can also add additional if/then branches to the No branch to further segment your contacts based on other specific responses to the field, as shown in the screenshot here.
- Once you've set up your if/then branches and any additional actions as needed, activate the workflow by clicking the ON/OFF switch in the top right corner.