By default, HubSpot includes a Lifecycle Stage property. The default Lifecycle Stage property is not editable, but you may need to create your own custom lifecycle stage property to accommodate your company's needs.
Please note: should you choose to create your own custom Lifecycle Stage property, this new custom property cannot replace the default HubSpot Lifecycle Stage property. For example, the HubSpot dashboard will continue to rely on the default Lifecycle Stage property for relevant analytics.
To create a custom lifecycle stage property, follow the instructions below:
- Navigate to your contacts. Click the Actions dropdown menu and select Edit properties.
- Make sure that you are under the Contact properties tab and click Create a property.
- Type your Label, such as 'Custom Lifecycle Stage Property' or 'Contact Type', for example.
- Select the Field type as 'Dropdown select' or 'Radio select' to give users or tools the option to identify one single option per contact record.
- Click the Add an option button > type your first option in the Label field that appears > continue clicking Add an option for as many options you wish to include in this property.
- If you want to use this property as a field in your forms, keep the Display externally option set to checked. If not, click the switch to uncheck that option.
- Select the Group you wish this property to appear within your contact records and elsewhere in HubSpot.
- Optionally, you can type in a Description to help users know what the intention of this property is.
- Click Create when done.