Manual lead scoring can be accessed in your HubSpot Marketing account by going to Contacts > Lead Scoring in the main navigation. HubSpot does not assign leads a score by default, rather, these scoring attributes have to be built out to meet the needs specific to your company. Once attributes are created, each contact's score will be reflected in the property HubSpot Score.
- From your HubSpot Marketing account, navigate to Contacts > Lead Scoring.
- Add positive/negative attributes to define your scores.
- This process is a similar concept to how you would segment a list; identifying certain criteria or rules that a contact must meet.
- Click Save when you are done.
- All of the contacts in your portal will be retroactively scored based on the attributes you just defined.
- As contacts meet certain attributes going forward, their score will be automatically reflected on their contact record.
The application leverages all segmentation data from default and custom contact, company and deal properties, to page views, events, form submissions, email interactions, and even integration events such as GoToWebinar sign-ups and SurveyMonkey submissions.
As you create attributes and add/deduct points based on what you think signifies a qualified or less qualified contact, that information is calculated and input in the HubSpot Score property. Then, you can find that property on each contact record. This default HubSpot Score property can be controlled only through this Custom Lead Scoring app or the APIs.
To see a complete walkthrough of setting up your Manual Lead Scoring, check out this user guide article.