After double opt-in is enabled, any unconfirmed contacts will be dropped from future emails. In other words, if you are using the double opt-in functionality, the following steps must be taken to ensure that contacts you import moving forward can receive emails from you.
- In your HubSpot Marketing account, navigate to Contacts > All Contacts.
- Click the Import button in the upper-right hand corner.
- Click Start a new import.
- Select A .csv file, then select Contacts.
- Click Select a file and choose your .csv file or drag the file into the box, then click Upload.
- On the Details page, select a default Lifecycle Stage for your imported contacts.
- Under Email opt-in status for new contacts, click the radio button next to Yes, these contacts have opted in to receive marketing emails.
- Click Next, map your properties and complete the import process.