When reviewing your contact properties, you may find that you have two value options for a property that provide the same information to your organization. For example, for the Industry property, you have a Higher Education option and a College/Graduate School option. You have contacts with both values and would like to use just one of these so all of these contacts can be segmented together under Higher Education.
To merge the options for one of your contact properties, please follow the steps below.
Please note: merging contact property options only applies to dropdown select, radio select, or multiple checkboxes properties, as these are the only types of properties for which options can be set.
- Go to Contacts > Contacts Settings.
- Search for the contact property in question and click on the property's name to access it for editing.
- Click on Edit options.
- Tick on the checkboxes for the property options you wish to merge. Also, we highly recommend checking the Update contacts to reflect option changes checkbox as this will ensure that the contacts with the selected values are updated accordingly.
- Once you have selected the desired property options, click on Merge.
- Select the option you would like to merge the others into from the dropdown.
- Click on Merge Options.
- Finally, click on Save property.