When reviewing your contact properties, you may find that you have two value options for a property that provide the same information to your organization. For example, for the Industry property, you have a Higher Education option and a College/Graduate School option. You have contacts with both values and would like to use just one of these so all of these contacts can be segmented together under Higher Education.
To merge the options for one of your contact properties, please follow the steps below.
Please note: merging contact property options only applies to dropdown select, radio select, or multiple checkboxes properties, as these are the only types of properties for which options can be set.
- Navigate to your contacts settings:
- In your HubSpot Marketing Basic, Professional, or Enterprise account, go to Contacts > Contacts Settings > Contact Properties.
- In your HubSpot Marketing Free or Starter account or HubSpot Sales account, go to Contacts. Click the Actions dropdown menu and select Edit properties.
- Search for the contact property in question and click on the property's name to access it for editing.
- Scroll down to your options and click the checkboxes next to the property options you wish to merge > click Merge.
- In the pop-up that appears, select the option you would like to merge the others into from the dropdown > type in the number of contacts affected by this change to confirm > click Merge.
- Finally, click Save at the bottom.