This article explains the relationship between these elements of a contact record: the Lifecycle Stage and Close Date properties, and the Close As Customer option.
- Two things will happen when you click the Close as Customer button on a contact record (for the first time):
- The contact's Lifecycle Stage will be set to Customer.
- Close Date will be set to the date the Close as Customer option was clicked.
- If you then manually select a different Lifecycle Stage after clicking Close As Customer, (i.e. change Lifecycle Stage back to Lead), the Close Date will remain unless you manually delete the date value.
- If you then make the contact a Customer once again, the Close Date will remain blank unless you manually input a date.
- All future changes must be made manually after editing/removing the Close Date property value.
- The Lifecycle Stage property and the Close As Customer option will continue to update each other accordingly even after manual changes are made.