You can see how your topics are performing on the content strategy dashboard and in the traffic analytics tool.
Content strategy dashboard
- In your HubSpot Marketing Hub Basic, Professional, or Enterprise account, navigate to Marketing > Planning and Strategy > Content Strategy.
- In the content strategy dashboard, you'll see the total number of content, sessions, average session length, bounce rate, and inbound links for each of your topics within the time period selected in the Date range dropdown menu.
Please note: inbound links are detected via referral traffic. If a visitor comes to your site from a link on an external site, the number of inbound links will update to reflect that newly detected link to your content.
Please note: when All data is selected in the date range dropdown menu, the data will reflect the all-time performance of the topic's linked content, even if it was created before the topic was added to the content strategy tool.
Topic analytics (Marketing Hub Professional and Enterprise only)
- If you have a HubSpot Marketing Hub Professional or Enterprise account, you can view more details on your topics and compare them by clicking View topic analytics in the upper right of the content strategy dashboard.
- Alternatively, navigate to Reports > Analytics Tools, click Traffic Analytics, then click the Topics tab at the top.
- Use the Date Range and Frequency dropdown menus above the chart to filter your data for a particular time period.
- Click the dropdown menu in the upper left-hand corner of the chart and select the metric you'd like to view:
- Sessions: number of sessions that started with a view to content in a topic. Learn more about how sessions are calculated.
- Contact conversion rate: the number of contacts divided by the number of visits for the selected time period.
- New contacts: the number of new contacts created in HubSpot divided by the number of new sessions that started with a view to content in a topic within the selected time period.
- Customer conversion rate: the number of customers divided by the number of sessions that started with a view to content in a topic for the selected time period.
- Customers: the number of customers who originally converted on content in a topic during the selected time frame.
- Bounce rate: the percentage of visitors to a page within a topic who navigate away from the site after viewing only one page.
- New visitor sessions: the number of new unique visitors to a page within a topic during the selected time period.
- New session %: the percentage of sessions that started with a view to content in a topic that are from new visitors.
- Page views/sessions: the average number of page views per session in the given time range.
- Avg. session length: the average duration of a visitor's website session.
- Scroll down to the table below and select the checkbox to the left of a topic to include it in the chart. Include multiple topics to compare their impact.
- To customize the metrics that appear in the table, click Edit columns. Select the checkbox next to the metric(s) you'd like to display (up to seven), then click Save. You can also sort the table by a specific metric by clicking the column header.
- Click the name of a topic to drill down and see data for individual topics, then click the name of a subtopic to view data for individual pages associated with that topic.
Please note: if a topic has no pages views on its associated pages, this topic will not appear in your topic analytics.
- To export a report of your topic performance, click Export above the table. Give your file a name, select a file type, and enter the email address at which you'd like to receive the report. Then, click Export.