You can create new topics automatically based on your existing HubSpot pages and blog posts using the content audit feature. Following the topic model to cross-link your pages can boost your SEO and makes it easier for visitors to navigate your content.
Please note: the content audit feature is only available if you do not have any existing topics. If have existing topics and want to use this feature, you must delete your existing topics first.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Planning and Strategy > Content Strategy.
- Click Set up your strategy.
- Select the domains you'd like to include in your content audit. All domains will be selected by default. Clear the checkbox next to any domains you wish to exclude from the audit, then click Next.
- The tool will search your existing website content for recurring phrases to create some suggested topics.
- Review your Topics and make any desired changes. You can also delete any topics you don't want to use. Then, click Next.
- After your website content is audited, you'll see a number of proposed topics. If a relevant pillar page is detected, you'll see it attached along with subtopic content. You can deselect the topic checkbox to skip any proposed topics you don't want to add.
- When you're done, click Save topics. You'll be redirected to the content strategy dashboard where you can customize the pillar page and add subtopic content.