As part of the content strategy tool, topic clusters help you organize content and establish authority for specific topics. You can see how your topic clusters are performing on the topic clusters dashboard and in the traffic analytics tool.
To see an overview of your topic clusters, navigate to Content > Strategy in your HubSpot Marketing Basic, Professional, or Enterprise account. Here you'll see the total number of sessions, new contacts, customers, and inbound links for each of your topic clusters within the time period selected in the Date range dropdown menu.
Please note: when All data is selected in the date range dropdown menu, the data here will reflect the all-time performance of the topic cluster's linked content, even if it was created before the topic cluster.If you have a Marketing Professional or Enterprise account, you can see more details on your topic clusters and compare them against one another by clicking View clusters analytics on the content strategy dashboard. You can also navigate there directly by going to Reports > Analytics Tools, clicking Traffic Analytics, then clicking the Topic Clusters tab at the top.
- Use the Date Range and Frequency dropdown menus above the chart to filter your data for a particular time period.
- Click the dropdown menu in the upper left-hand corner of the chart and select the metric you would like to see:
- Sessions: number of sessions that started with a view to content in a topic cluster. Learn more about how sessions are calculated here.
- Contact conversion rate: the number of contacts divided by the number of visits for the selected time period.
- New contacts: the number of new contacts created in HubSpot divided by the number of new sessions that started with a view to content in a topic cluster within the selected time period.
- Customer conversion rate: the number of customers divided by the number of sessions that started with a view to content in a topic cluster for the selected time period.
- Customers: the number of customers who originally converted on content in a topic cluster during the selected time frame.
- Bounce rate: the percentage of visitors to a page within a topic cluster who navigate away from the site after viewing only one page.
- New visitor sessions: the number of new unique visitors to a page within a topic cluster during the selected time peirod.
- New session %: the percentage of sessions that started with a view to content in a topic cluster that are from new visitors.
- Page views/sessions: the average number of page views per session in the given time range.
- Avg. session length: the average duration of a visitor's website session.
- Scroll down to the table below and check the box to the left of a topic cluster to include it in the chart above. Include multiple clusters to compare their impact.
- To customize the metrics that appear in the table, click Edit columns. Check the box next to the metric(s) you'd like to display, up to seven, then click Save. You can also sort the table by a specific metric by clicking the column header.
- Click the name of a cluster to drill down and see data for individual topics, then click the name of a topic to see data for individual pages associated with that topic.
- To export a report of your topic clusters performance, click Export above the table. Give your file a name, select a file type, and enter the email address at which you'd like to receive the report. Then click Export.