In the new design manager, currently in BETA, you can create a custom page, blog, or email module. There are a couple differences to note between these options when creating your custom module.
First, to access these module options:
- In HubSpot, navigate to Content > Design Manager.
- In the upper left-hand corner, click the finder (folder) icon to expand the sidebar menu if you don't have it expanded already. Then select File > New file.
- In the dialog box, select Module.
- In the next dialog box, under Where would you like to use this module? , check the boxes beside the template types you would like to use your custom module in: Page templates, Blog templates, or Email templates. There are two main distinctions between these template types:
- Code: The custom code you add to a module is handled differently depending on the context. Click here for more information.
- Compatibility: Many of the variables available in each of these template types are incompatible with the other template types. To learn more about available variables and their uses, check out this HubL reference documentation.
- While building templates, only modules available for your current template type will be listed as choices to select.
- When you're ready, click Create.
Please note: once a module is created, these template type settings are permanent.