All HubSpot marketing accounts come equipped with two default subdomains found in Content > Content Settings > Manage Domains. These subdomains look like this:
#######.hs-sites.com - Your HubID will display in place of the '#'
domain.hs-sites.com - The domain you signed up with will display in place of 'domain'
More about these subdomains
- These subdomains are unique to each account.
- These subdomains cannot be removed from your account.
- Although these subdomains may be found by search engines, hosting your content on these subdomains will not benefit you SEO-wise as these are HubSpot subdomains. You should connect your own subdomain to host your content. Learn more about connecting your own subdomain here.
- Some users like to use these subdomains to host their content temporarily, then change where their content is hosted later. However, it is not necessary to ever host any content on these subdomains.
- For an alternative to temporarily hosting content on these subdomains until your design or content is to your liking, check out Content Staging.
- These subdomains may be considered as a fail-safe In the event your connected subdomain(s) disconnect from HubSpot and your content may continue to live on these subdomains until you successfully reconnect your subdomain(s).
- Some common reasons why your domain may disconnect is if you were changing domain hosts and had temporary down time externally. Or, perhaps you did not renew your domain on your hosting account.