The Google Adwords global site tag should be placed in the
<head> section of all your pages, while the event snippet should be added to the
<head> section on the conversion page itself. Copy both code snippets from Google Adwords, then follow the steps below:
1. Add the global site tag to all your pages
- In your HubSpot Marketing Hub Basic, Professional, or Enterprise account, navigate to Content > Content Settings.
- Scroll to the Site header HTML section and paste the global site tag snippet here. If you installed a global site tag on your website from another Google product (e.g., Google Analytics) or from another AdWords account, follow Google's documentation to adapt the tag so it works for your AdWords account.
- Click Save at the bottom left.
2. Add the event snippet to your conversion page
- In your HubSpot Marketing Hub Basic, Professional or Enterprise account, navigate to Content > Landing Pages or Website Pages.
- In the dashboard, hover over the name of your page and click Edit. The event snippet should be added to the final page of your offer, which is usually your thank you page.
- Click the Settings tab, then scroll down and click to expand the Advanced Options.
- Paste the event snippet in the Head HTML section.
- Click Update or Publish in the upper right corner of the page editor.