When you copy text from a desktop rich text editor such as Microsoft Word, formatting will also be copied. When you paste this text into a website rich text editor such as HubSpot's, additional markup is added to the text's code that can cause formatting issues. To strip your text of formatting:
- In Microsoft Word, highlight your text, right-click and select Copy.
- Open a plain text editor such as Notepad. TextWrangler is a good equivalent for Mac and is available on the App Store.
- Paste your text into the plain text editor.
- Highlight your text in the plain text editor, right-click and select Copy.
- Paste your text into HubSpot's rich text editor.
- Format your content in HubSpot by using the in-built WYSIWYG editor.
Alternatively, if you are comfortable editing HTML, click the <> icon in HubSpot's rich text editor and remove any wrapping tags that are affecting formatting.