HubSpot provides several theme options for your HubSpot Marketing account. If you have an existing HubSpot Marketing Basic, Professional, or Enterprise account or a Marketing trial with a theme that has already been customized, work with your site admin to make sure your account is compatible with HubSpot's themes before adding a new one.
Please note: themes are designed to have a certain look and feel and may not be compatible with existing content in your account (large logos, large menus, etc.).
Since your existing account may already include global scripts and CSS files that could affect the way that the themes render, you must first attach any of these files to your existing templates rather than applying them globally in content settings. Have your administrator follow these steps to ensure that your portal is compatible with HubSpot's default themes:
- In your HubSpot Marketing Basic, Professional, or Enterprise account, navigate to Content > Content Settings.
- In the Modifying dropdown at the top, ensure All domains is selected.
- Scroll down to the Site header HTML and Site footer HTML section.
- Copy and remove any scripts and links to CSS files that affect the display or functionality of your current theme. If you have different assets for different connected domains, you need to toggle between domains via the Modifying dropdown at the top and remove them for each domain.
- Do not remove any scripts that you want to apply globally to all content (e.g. Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel).
- Click Save at the bottom left.
- Navigate to Content > Design Manager.
- Navigate to the template layouts that you currently use:
- For assets that need to be added to the <head> section, click Edit > Edit Head at the top left of the template. Paste in the code from the Site Header HTML. Click Save.
- For assets that need to be added to the template footer, click the gear icon in your global footer and select Edit. Add and/or edit a custom HTML module to the footer, then paste in the code from your Site Footer HTML. Click Save.
- Click Publish changes at the top right of the template.
Once you have ensured your account will be compatible with a new theme, you can add a theme to your account from the Marketplace.