Customer experience surveys allow you to get feedback from your contacts about a specific interaction or experience they've had with your business.
To set up a customer experience survey:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Service > Customer Feedback.
- Under Customer Experience, click Set up survey. If you've created a customer experience survey in the past, click View surveys here to see a list of your customer experience surveys, then click Create survey to set up a new one.
- Click Start in the top right corner to begin setting up your customer satisfaction survey.
- Click the pencil icon edit at the top to give your survey a unique name.
Next, walk through each step in the creation process:
For now, customer experience surveys can only be delivered via email, which will be selected by default. Click the Customize tab to continue.
Customize the branding and appearance of your survey. If you're sending your survey via email, set the name and address that your survey will be sent from. You can select the name and address of any user in your account.
Click the Survey language dropdown menu and choose which language you want the survey to be in. Enter a Subject line for your survey email. Next, select one of the default color options, or set a custom color by entering a hex value or clicking the color picker to the right.
Click the Follow-up tab to continue.
Customize your follow-up questions to learn more about why customers felt the way they did:
- Click the Unhappy tab to enter a follow-up question for customers who were unhappy with their experience.
- Click the Neutral tab to enter a follow-up question for customers who felt neutral about their experience.
- Click the Happy tab to enter a follow-up question for customers who were happy with their experience.
Click the Thank you tab to move on to the next step.
4. Thank you
Customize the thank you message a customer will see after submitting a survey response. If you want to include a default illustration at the top of your thank you message, click to toggle the Show illustration switch on. Customize the thank you message for your visitors depending on their survey response:
- Click the Unhappy tab to enter a thank you message for customers who were unhappy with their experience.
- Click the Neutral tab to enter a thank you message for customers who felt neutral about their experience.
- Click the Happy tab to enter a thank you message for customers who were happy with their experience.
Click the Recipients tab to move on to the next step.
Choose the recipients of the survey:
- By default, contacts will be sent the survey if they became a customer more than 30 days ago. To change the default recipient criteria, click the existing filter on the left and customize it as needed. To add additional criteria, click the AND or OR buttons. You can set filters based on any contact, company, deal, and ticket properties.
- By default, existing contacts will be sent the survey if they already meet the selected criteria. To send the survey only to contacts who meet the criteria moving forward, clear the Enroll contacts that already meet these criteria checkbox.
- By default, the survey will include a delay and will send to contacts 30 days after they meet the criteria. Clear the Add delay checkbox to remove the delay or use the field and dropdown menu to customize the number of days or hours you want to wait to send the survey after a contact meets the criteria.
Click the Options tab to move on to the next step.
On the Options tab, you can select a user or team to receive notifications when contacts submit a response. Click the When a survey is submitted, get a notification to dropdown menu to select users and teams to receive email notifications when a customer submits a customer experience survey.
Click the Summary tab to continue.
Here you can review the settings and take some time to ensure that the settings in previous steps have been set up to your liking. Click Preview to see how the survey will appear on desktop, tablet, and mobile, or click Test to send a version of the survey to yourself. When you're done, click Publish in the upper right to take your survey live.