Customer experience surveys allow you to get feedback from your contacts about a specific interaction or experience they've had with your business.
To set up a customer experience survey:
- In your HubSpot Service Hub Professional account, navigate to Service > Customer Feedback.
- Under Customer Experience, click Set up survey. If you've created a customer experience survey in the past, click View surveys here to see a list of your customer experience surveys, then click Create survey to set up a new one.
- Click Start in the top right corner to begin setting up your customer satisfaction survey.
- Click the pencil icon edit at the top to give your survey a unique name.
Next, walk through each step in the creation process:
For now, customer experience surveys can only be delivered via email, which will be selected by default. Click the Customize tab to continue.
Customize the appearance of your survey:
- Click the Survey language dropdown menu to customize the language of the header.
- Customize the Subject line of your survey email.
- Customize the Introduction to let your customers know why they've received the survey.
- Customize the Question to ask customers how they felt about the experience with your business.
- Select one of the default color options, or set a custom color by entering a hex value or clicking the color picker to the right.
Click the Follow-up tab to continue.
Customize your follow-up questions to learn more about why customers felt the way they did:
- Click the Unhappy tab to enter a follow-up question for customers who were unhappy with their experience.
- Click the Neutral tab to enter a follow-up question for customers who felt neutral about their experience.
- Click the Happy tab to enter a follow-up question for customers who were happy with their experience.
Click the Thank you tab to move on to the next step.
4. Thank you
Customize the thank you message a customer will see after submitting a survey response. If you want to include a default illustration at the top of your thank you message, click to toggle the Show illustration switch on. Customize the thank you message for your visitors depending on their survey response:
- Click the Unhappy tab to enter a thank you message for customers who were unhappy with their experience.
- Click the Neutral tab to enter a thank you message for customers who felt neutral about their experience.
- Click the Happy tab to enter a thank you message for customers who were happy with their experience.
Click the Recipients tab to move on to the next step.
Choose the recipients of the survey:
- By default, contacts will be sent the survey if they became a customer more than 30 days ago. To change the default recipient criteria, click the existing filter on the left and customize it as needed. To add additional criteria, click the AND or OR buttons.
- By default, existing contacts will be sent the survey if they already meet the selected criteria. To send the survey only to contacts who meet the criteria moving forward, clear the Enroll contacts that already meet these criteria checkbox.
- By default, the survey will include a delay and will send to contacts 30 days after they meet the criteria. Clear the Add delay checkbox to remove the delay or use the field and dropdown menu to customize the number of days or hours you want to wait to send the survey after a contact meets the criteria.
Click the Options tab to move on to the next step.
On the Options tab, you can select a user or team to receive notifications when contacts submit a response. Click the When a survey is submitted, get a notification to dropdown menu to select users and teams to receive email notifications when a customer submits a customer experience survey.
Click the Preview tab to continue.
Here you'll see a preview of what your customer experience survey will look like. Click Desktop, Tablet, and Mobile to preview the survey on different devices, then click the arrows in the upper right to preview each step of the survey process. To test the survey, click Send a test survey.
Click the Summary tab to move on to the final step.
Review the number of existing contacts that the customer experience survey will be sent to, the delivery method, and the delay settings. When you're done, click Publish in the upper right to send your survey via email.