The location we display in HubSpot Sales is based on the IP address of the person opening it. There are a handful of reasons that the location might seem strange, primarily related to the nature of IP addresses. For instance, if you send an email to someone in Florida and it's opened in New York, it might be that:
- The person is temporarily in New York
- The person has forwarded the email to someone in New York
- The person is using technology that changes their IP address to a different location (VPN, dial up internet, internet proxy)
- Their internet provider makes the request look like it's from New York even though it's from Florida
- The information we use to show the location might be incorrect (IP addresses and the geographic information associated with them are constantly changing). We're constantly updating our database to make sure that we're using the most up to date information.