You can add an unsubscribe link to your one-to-one emails sent from the contact record, including any emails sent out through your sequences. This link allows recipients to opt out of receiving such emails from you.
Adding unsubscribe links to your one-to-one emails can help you move toward compliance with spam laws (e.g., CAN-SPAM, GDPR, CASL) and improve email deliverability by allowing unengaged recipients a way to opt-out.
Add an unsubscribe link to your one-to-one sales and sequence emails
The unsubscribe link can be added via the global GDPR functionality setting or on an individual user basis.
When you enable the global GDPR functionality setting in your HubSpot account, the unsubscribe links will be included by default for all users. However, this can be overwritten on an individual user basis. This means a user can remove the unsubscribe link for their one-to-one sales emails.
If you don't want to enable the global GDPR functionality setting, but want to add the unsubscribe link to your one-to-one and sequence emails sent from your own HubSpot user account:
- Log into the user you want to update the unsubscribe link for.
- In your HubSpot account, click your account name in the top right corner, then click Profile & Preferences.
- In the CRM Comunication section, click to toggle the Include a link to unsubscribe from all emails switch on.
- In the Choose text for subscribe link section, select the radio button beside the phrase that you want in your sales emails. Your settings will be saved automatically.
Going forwards, the unsubscribe link will be appended to the bottom of all sales and sequence emails. If your contact clicks the unsubscribe link, they can unsubscribe from personal emails (i.e., the One to one subscription type) or from all emails from your company.
Please note: an unsubscribe link will not be added to emails sent from Gmail or Outlook, even if you have the HubSpot sales extension installed.
When sending a one-to-one email or personalizing your sequence emails during enrollment, you can edit the unsubscribe link for that specific instance.
- Click the unsubscribe link to edit it:
- Set a language: select a language from the dropdown menu. You can change the language to match what your recipient prefers.
- Choose a different unsubscribe link text: select the radio button beside the text for your unsubscribe link. However, any new enrollments will continue to be the default phrase you selected in your Profile and Preferences.
- Remove link: click to remove the unsubscribe link in the sequence emails to your recipient. This is typically done if you consider the nature of the sequence emails as transactional, or non-commercial.
- Click Apply to make the changes to your unsubscribe link.