Yes, you can cancel an email send you've scheduled in a HubSpot Marketing email for a short period of time after clicking Send.
This primarily applies to batch email (where you set up an email to send one time to a group of contacts), but can also be used with Smart Send.
For standard batch email sends, use of the cancel feature depends on the size of the list, and when the email was sent. For example, if you are canceling an email that was sent to 5,000 people only 25 seconds after hitting Send, you can likely prevent the email from going to many contacts. However, in the same example, if you wait until the email is sent to all recipients then you cannot cancel it.
This feature can also be used with Smart Send and will cancel the email being sent to any additional timezones that it has not been sent to yet.
To learn how to cancel an email send, follow the instructions below:
- Navigate to Content > Email.
- Locate the email you recently set up to send (likely in the Sent section) > click the name of the email.
- This will take you to the email performance page. At the top of this page, click Cancel email.
- Confirm the cancellation of your email within the pop-up window by clicking OK.
- If you want to make changes to this email and re-send it, you'll want to clone the email, make any necessary changes, and send once more. To avoid sending the email to any contacts twice, it is strongly suggested that you add a suppression list to the cloned version of your email based on contacts who received the original email.