To use tracking URLs in a HubSpot email to track a separate campaign, you will need to change the settings for email source tracking.
Please note: We do not recommend using tracking URLs in emails sent through HubSpot without changing this setting. The Email tool automatically appends click tracking data to every URL sent in an email that will override the tracking URL parameters.
- In your HubSpot Marketing account, navigate to Content > Content Settings.
- In the left sidebar, click Marketing > Email, then click the Tracking tab.
- In the Source Tracking section, select the Add source tracking only if no existing tags in URL option.
- If a link in an email does not contain tracking URL parameters, then HubSpot will add the default source tracking parameters.
- Note: The third option under 'Source Tracking' is "Do not add source tracking tags". This means that any links in an email that do not use tracking URLs will not have any tracking parameters added to them. Visits from those untracked links will likely be bucketed under Direct Traffic (instead of Email Marketing) in the sources report.