You may create a list of contacts based on those who clicked a link in an email either by creating a smart (or static) list in the Lists tool or by creating a static list from the email statistics page. It is most efficient to create a smart list as described below because smart lists will dynamically pull in contacts as they click on links in the email, and you don't need to create a new static list each time you want the most up-to-date statistics like you would need to if you created the list from the email statistics page.
To create a smart list in the Lists tool of contacts who clicked in a specific email:
- Navigate to Contacts > Lists > Click New List
- Begin segmenting the following criteria:
- Email | Contact clicked a link in email | [Name of sent email] (Note: you can only filter by emails that have already been sent -- you cannot filter by draft emails)
- You may specify a specific link by selecting the 'and clicked on' dropdown below.
- When ready, click Create list > Name your list > click Save
To create a static list from the email statistics of contacts who clicked any link or a specific link in a specific email:
- Navigate to Content > Email
- Click on Sent in the left-pane, then select the sent email in question
- Click the Recipients tab > select Clicked
- In the Filter by a link dropdown, select the link you'd like to filter for, or if you wish to see contacts who clicked on any/all links you do not select a specific link
- Click on List Actions > select Create new list.
- Name your list > click Create list - Doing so will generate a static list of contacts who clicked the link(s) in this email (which you can find under under Contacts > Lists).
When creating a list from the email statistics page, that list is a static list, and will only pull in contacts who have clicked in that email at the time the list is created. It will not update dynamically as it would if you create a smart list as described above.