With Resubscription Emails enabled, users who have unsubscribed form all email communication from you will be alerted when they enter their email address on one of your forms. They can click to receive an email with a link to their email preferences page where they will be able to resubscribe. After updating their email preferences the user will be able to submit the form.
Please note: the Resubscription Email link will only appear for contacts who have unsubscribed from all email communications. If a contact has unsubscribed from only a specific email type, the resubscription link will not appear. These contacts will have to go to a previously received email from you to change their subscription preferences.
- In your HubSpot Marketing account, navigate to Content > Content Settings.
- In the left menu, select Email then Resubscription Settings.
- Check the box next to Enabled and click Save Changes.
- Click on Edit Email to customize the resubscription email that your contact sees. The email will have pre-populated text including the required personalization tag
- When users fill out a form after previously opting out of email communication, a notification will appear below the field with a link. Clicking on this link will trigger the above email to the user, which contains the link to their email preferences page where they can resubscribe. After resubscribing, the user will be able to complete the form conversion.