A plain text email is created automatically for all marketing emails. This version is only sent to a recipient if the rich text version isn't supported in their email client. You can customize the plain text version of your email in the Plain text tab in the content editor.
Please note: after the plain text email is customized, it won't update with any new content changes made to the rich text version.
Customize the plain text version of a marketing email
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Email.
- Hover over the email you want to customize and click Edit.
- Click the Plain Text tab, then click Edit.
- Make edits to the plain text version of your email as needed. Note that any hyperlinked text in your email will show the raw link in the plain text version.
- To revert all changes made to the plain text version, click Reset from HTML. This will automatically sync the content in the HTML version and plain text version.
Please note: after you customize the plain text content of an email, future changes to the HTML version won't be reflected in the plain text version. This also applies to emails with customized plain text that have been cloned. To reset the plain text version so it matches changes you're making in the content editor, click Reset from HTML.