You can redirect visitors to gated content (e.g., a PDF file or video) after they submit your HubSpot form in two ways:
- Redirect the visitor directly to the content or file URL
- Redirect the visitor to a thank you page with the content
Locate and copy the URL of the content or file. Learn how to get the URL of files hosted in your HubSpot file manager.
Form on a HubSpot page
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to your landing pages or website pages.
- Hover over the page with the form and click Edit.
- In the content editor, click the form module.
- In the left pane, under What should the person see after submitting the form?, click Redirect to another page.
- Click Redirect to external URL.
- In the dialog box, paste the content/file URL, then click OK.
- To test the link, click Test URL below the page URL. The page will open in a new browser tab.
- In the bottom left, click Save and go to module list.
- In the upper right, click Publish or Update to take your changes live.
Form embedded on an external page
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Lead Capture > Forms.
- Click the name of the form.
- Click the Options tab.
- Under What should happen when a visitor submits this form, select Redirect to another page.
- Click the Please select or add a location dropdown menu, then click + Add external link.
- In the dialog box, paste the content/file URL in the Redirect to this URL field, then click Add.
- To test how the link will appear, click View this link externalLink below the content/file URL. The content or file will open in a new browser tab.
- In the top right, click Publish to update your live form.
If you want to display other content or information to a visitor along with the gated content offer, you can create a thank you page and add your content or a link to download the content to the page. Then, set up the form to redirect to the thank you page after submission.