HubSpot forms create new contacts when they collect a visitor's email address via the default HubSpot Email property. The default property that you should be using to collect email addresses on is called Email and is not editable (because it is a default property).
If your HubSpot forms are using a custom email field as opposed to the default Email property, HubSpot will not record the submission as a contact. Replace your custom property with Email to ensure that all submissions are properly recorded. Follow the steps below to do so:
- In your HubSpot Marketing Basic, Professional, or Enterprise account, navigate to Contacts > Forms.
- Click the name of the form you're working on.
- In the Add form field tab on the left-hand side of the page you can search for the name of your property in the top searchbar or scroll through your different property groups to find the property you're looking for.
- Click the property or drag it onto your form.
- If you have a custom email property already on the form, hover over the custom property and click the delete button that shows up in the top-right corner of the field to remove it from the form
Going forward, remember to use the default Email property in all of your forms.