If you would like to create contacts through form submissions, the default property that you should be using to collect email addresses on is called Email and is not editable (because it is a default property).
If your HubSpot forms are using a custom email field as opposed to the default Email property, HubSpot will not record the submission as a contact, unless you have the Allow submissions without emails to create contacts option enabled in you settings. If you do not have this setting enabled, replace your custom property with Email to ensure that all submissions are properly recorded:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Lead Capture > Forms.
- Click the name of the form you're working on.
- In the Add form field tab on the left-hand side of the page you can search for the name of your property in the top search bar or scroll through your different property groups to find the property you're looking for.
- Click the property or drag it onto your form.
- If you have a custom email property already on the form, hover over the custom property and click the Delete.
If you want to use your custom email field and are allowing contacts to be created without email addresses, these contacts will be added to your account, but they cannot be emailed and or be enrolled in workflows because their default Email property is not populated. If you want to email these contacts or enroll them in workflows, please use the default Email property.