Find answers and general information quickly about HubSpot's integration with GoToWebinar.
- How long does it take after a contact submits my HubSpot webinar registration form to be enrolled in GoToWebinar?
- Why do my GoToWebinar registrants and HubSpot registration lists not match?
- Can I limit the number of registrants for my webinar?
- What properties sync between HubSpot and GoToWebinar?
- Can I allow contacts to choose from multiple recurring webinar dates on one HubSpot page?
How long does it take after a contact submits my HubSpot webinar registration form to be enrolled in GoToWebinar?
When a webinar is turned on, GoToWebinar can take up to an hour to sync webinar data, including attendee data, to HubSpot. When a contact enrolls in a webinar through the HubSpot webinar registration form, it will generally take five minutes for the contact to appear in GoToWebinar.
There are two reasons why you may see a discrepancy between the lists of registrants for your webinar in HubSpot and GoToWebinar:
- HubSpot does not process webinar cancellations.
Oncea contact is marked as registered in HubSpot, they will not be marked as unregistered even if they cancel their registration. HubSpot treats these contacts the same as those who registered but did not attend a webinar. GoToWebinar, however, removes registrants who cancel from its lists.
- If a GoToWebinar registrant that becomes a HubSpot contact is later deleted in HubSpot, the number of registrants shown in HubSpot will decrease. However, the number
inGoToWebinar will remain unchanged.
The registrant limit in GoToWebinar can be up to ten times your attendee limit (i.e., if your attendee limit is 100, your registrant limit can be set up to 1,000).
If you're using HubSpot to collect webinar registrations, there is no way to limit the number of contacts who can submit the webinar form. However, you can filter contacts who have submitted the webinar form but are not registered for the webinar (GoToWebinar will stop registering submissions once the limit is reached). You can then reach out to those contacts to inform them that the webinar is full.
Can I allow contacts to choose from multiple recurring webinar dates on one HubSpot page?
No - if you have a recurring webinar, you will not be able to list all of the dates on one page and have HubSpot automatically enroll the contact in the appropriate webinar via the GoToWebinar integration. This is due to API limitations where HubSpot is not able to determine if a webinar is standalone or recurring.
To allow customers to select from multiple webinar dates, HubSpot recommends one of the two options below:
- Create one landing page for contacts to sign up for your webinar. From this page, provide several links to direct contacts to an individual landing page with a form for the specific webinar.
- Set up a landing page and form that collects which webinar the contact wished to attend, but do not link it to GoToWebinar. Enroll contacts in a list based on their selection and use HubSpot's built-in Zapier integration to enroll the contact in GoToWebinar. Please note that GoToWebinar is one of Zapier's Premium Apps, so you will need to be on a paid Zapier plan in order to utilize this option.
In order for HubSpot to successfully register a contact for a webinar in your GoToWebinar account, or GoToWebinar to create a contact in your HubSpot account, you must capture the following information from a contact when they register for a webinar:
- First name
- Last name
The following fields will also sync between HubSpot and GoToWebinar, if values are available:
- Street address
- Postal code
- Phone number
- Company name (Organization)
- Job title
Webinar registrants who are existing contacts in your HubSpot account will not have their properties updated with any new values. Webinar registrants who are not existing contacts in your HubSpot account will be created as new contacts, with the properties above populated with values included in their webinar registration.
When webinar data is collected and synced to HubSpot, it will appear as a timeline activity in your contacts' records. You can see when your contact registers for a webinar, attends a webinar, how long their session time was, and any Question and Answer(s) that happened during the webinar.