Due to changes in the SurveyMonkey APIs and SurveyMonkey accounts, the HubSpot-SurveyMonkey Integration is undergoing some updates and changes in January 2017.
All customers using the HubSpot-SurveyMonkey integration must re-authenticate the integration by January 6th, 2017 to ensure uninterrupted syncing of their data from SurveyMonkey to HubSpot. If you do not re-authenticate the integration by January 6th, data will no longer flow between your SurveyMonkey and HubSpot accounts. If this happens, you can re-authenticate the integration at any time in the future to restore the flow of data between your accounts.
To re-authenticate, head to your SurveyMonkey Integration Settings page in HubSpot:
- First, navigate from your HubSpot Marketing account to Account Menu > Integrations.
- Click Settings within the SurveyMonkey section.
- At the top-right, click the button to Re-authorize your integration.
Additionally, customers using the Basic (free) or Monthly Select plans from SurveyMonkey will see some reduced integration functionality moving forward. Specifically, customers on these SurveyMonkey plans will no longer be able to:
- Sync full details of specific responses from SurveyMonkey to HubSpot contact timelines.
- Use specific SurveyMonkey responses in list segmentation or as criteria in HubSpot Workflows. Existing lists based on these criteria will continue to function for responses which have already synced to HubSpot.
Customers on these plans will still be able to use some HubSpot-SurveyMonkey integration features. You must use the Email Collector provided by SurveyMonkey for these features to work. Specifically, customers on Basic or Monthly Select plans will be able to:
- Create new contacts in HubSpot when a survey is complete by someone who is not yet a contact in your database.
- See whether or not a contact has completed a specific survey on that contact’s timeline in HubSpot.
Customers on Basic or Monthly Select SurveyMonkey plans can upgrade to an Annual paid plan (Standard, Advantage, or Premier) with SurveyMonkey to unlock all of the features of the HubSpot-SurveyMonkey integration.
Please note: When you are authorizing HubSpot to access your SurveyMonkey data with a Basic or Monthly Select plan, you may see a "Missing Permissions" message (as shown below.) You can still go through setting up the integration with HubSpot - you will simply have less functionality than users on Standard, Advantage, or Premier plans with SurveyMonkey.
For questions about the changes to your SurveyMonkey account, please contact SurveyMonkey support via https://help.surveymonkey.com/contact.
For questions about the changes in functionality to the integration, or if you need help re-authenticating your HubSpot-SurveyMonkey integration, please visit our forums at https://community.hubspot.com/ or contact HubSpot Support.