The GoToWebinar integration is designed to help you reduce the time it takes for you to create, promote, and deliver quality webinars.
- Connect the GoToWebinar integration
- Turn on your webinar
- Set up a form for your webinar
- Segment and follow up with registrants and attendees
- Sync webinar data to Salesforce (with Salesforce integration only)
Connect the GoToWebinar integration
- In your HubSpot account, click your account name in the top right corner, then click Integrations.
- Click the All Integrations tab and search for the GoToWebinar Integration.
- Hover over the integration and click View integration.
- In the dialog box, click Connect to GoToWebinar.
- Enter your GoToWebinar credentials and click Sign in.
When you log in to GoToWebinar, your accounts will automatically be connected. You can disconnect your HubSpot and GoToWebinar accounts at any time by clicking Disconnect from the GoToWebinar settings screen (click your account name, select Integrations, then click Settings to the right of GoToWebinar).
Please note: at this time, the integration can only be connected to one GoToWebinar account. You can use the Zapier integration to set up a simple integration with a second GoToWebinar account.
Turn on your webinar
Once you've connected the integration, you'll see all upcoming and past webinars in your GoToWebinar account. Syncing for your webinars will be off by default, which means that HubSpot and GoToWebinar have not yet exchanged any data.
Turn a webinar on to begin syncing data for that webinar between HubSpot and GoToWebinar. When
To turn a webinar on, click to toggle the switch in the Sync column on for that webinar.
Please note: only webinars created in GotoWebinar by the user who connected the integration will appear in HubSpot.
Set up a form for your webinar
When you're ready to begin collecting registrations for your upcoming webinar, you can do so using the forms tool in HubSpot. In order for the GoToWebinar integration with HubSpot to successfully register a contact for a webinar in your GoToWebinar account, you must capture the following information from the user when they submit on your HubSpot form:
- First name
- Last name
Learn more about which form fields can be used to pass information between HubSpot and GoToWebinar.
Use a form on a HubSpot landing page
You can create forms in HubSpot that will automatically register contacts for a webinar you've created in GoToWebinar upon submission. The registration form will store the user information as a HubSpot lead. To register contacts, you will first need to create a landing page and associate your form with the webinar. To do so:
- In the landing page editor, click the form module.
- In your form options, scroll down to the GoToWebinar Registration section and use the
dropdownmenu to select the webinar you want this form to collect registrants for.
Please note: only upcoming webinars will be listed as option in the dropdown menu. Webinars that have already taken place will not be included.
- Click Save and go to module list.
When you're ready to go live with your landing page, click Publish. When contacts submit the form on this page, they will be sent to GoToWebinar and appear as a registrant in your registrant list. Registrant data is added to HubSpot in real time, and attendee data is added to HubSpot 15 minutes after your webinar is over.
Embed a HubSpot form on an external page
You can enroll contacts for a webinar if you are using an embed code generated from the forms tool. To do this:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Lead Capture > Forms.
- In the top right, click the Actions
dropdownmenu and select Share form.
- Click Copy to copy the embed code from your form.
- When you embed the code on your external site, manually add a goToWebinarWebinarKey identifier to the code under the form ID. Include the webinar key for your webinar. This appears in the URL for your selected webinar in your GoToWebinar account.
- If you're not using HubSpot landing pages or forms, log into GoToWebinar to use the Share Your Webinar option under Manage Webinar Settings to invite attendees using a registration URL.
- There is no relationship between the GoToWebinar registration page and your HubSpot landing page. Using a HubSpot landing page means that you do not need to use the GoToWebinar registration page.
- The integration does not automatically pull in any fields from the GoToWebinar registration page. This means that you'll need to recreate the questions that you normally ask on your GoToWebinar registration page on your landing page.
Segment and follow up with registrants and attendees
As contacts begin registering for your webinars, you can segment them based on their webinar activity in the lists tool using the GoToWebinar webinar status criterion.
You can also incorporate webinar data into your lead score criteria to make sure that your lead score is accurate and up to date. In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Marketing > Lead Scoring. You can set a lead's score based on whether or not they've registered for or attended your webinars.
Once you've segmented your contacts, send emails to your contacts based on their engagement with your webinar. In addition to any promotional email you create to encourage registration, here are a few suggestions:
- Reminder emails in advance of the webinar
- Thank you emails for those who attended
- Sorry we missed you emails for those who registered but didn't attend
- Request to schedule a demo emails for those who attended and have a high lead score
The integration does not have an automated mechanism for inserting personalized links from GoToWebinar within HubSpot emails.
Please note: the Salesforce integration is available for Marketing Hub Professional and Enterprise, Sales Hub Professional and Enterprise, and Service Hub Professional and Enterprise accounts only.
If your HubSpot account is integrated with Salesforce, webinar activity will automatically pass to Salesforce in the HubSpot Visualforce module.
To send more specialized messaging to your sales reps, you can pass data to Salesforce in the form of tasks in a workflow. For example, if you want to alert a sales rep every time one of their leads attends a webinar, you can create a workflow that sends a task to Salesforce. The task will appear on the Salesforce lead/contact record in the Activity History section.
If you're using the Salesforce integration, it's important to change the field mapping between the email field in HubSpot and Salesforce to Use most recent value. This is relevant because data is pulled from GoToWebinar into HubSpot based on email address, so if the email address in HubSpot has changed between the time a contact registers and when they attend the webinar, HubSpot will not be able to match the attendance data with the new email address.