Surveys are an extremely versatile and valuable part of an inbound marketer's toolkit. They can be used in a variety of different contexts, but the ultimate goal of deploying a survey is always the same: to get insight into your customers and prospects. While every company uses surveys differently, some common survey use cases are:
- Gauge customer satisfaction using NPS
- Gather event or webinar feedback
- Collect market research
- Learn prospect pain points, to be used in the sales process
- Rate an experience with support
- Get donor or fundraising feedback
- Professor/faculty feedback
When thinking about whether a survey makes sense for you, some example questions to ask yourself are:
- Is there a community I interact with that I'd like more information on?
- Do I know everything I need to to make strategic decisions?
- Am I in touch with what my customers think about my company?
You can use HubSpot's SurveyMonkey integration to set up surveys in SurveyMonkey and use the data in HubSpot to segment your contacts. SurveyMonkey comes packed with pre-made surveys to take the guesswork out of creating an un-biased survey. Here's a list of survey templates available through SurveyMonkey to get you thinking about what insights you'd like to gain and from whom.