This article will address some common reasons as to why contacts in your HubSpot account don't have any associated Wistia timeline event data displayed on their contact record.
Wistia events are captured by HubSpot just like Analytics events. If the contact is also missing other analytics data, like page views, the following issues could be at play:
- The contact's analytics events might be filtered out by your IP filtering. If you're filtering out page views coming from your own network, then you will also not see Wistia timeline events when viewing videos from inside your network.
- The contact may not be accepting cookies so analytics would not be able to be captured and displayed on their contact record.
- If the contact was imported (they were created as Offline Sources) then it's likely that this contact just hasn't filled out a form or a gone through a Wistia turnstile. Analytics events are associated with cookie values, and a form submission needs to occur in order to tie this cookie value to an email address. When the contact does fill out a form with their email address then all analytics events, including the Wistia page views, will be associated with that contact and visible on the timeline.
If the contact does have other Analytics data on their contact record, check the following:
- Check to see if the contact has any page view data around the time they viewed the video. It's possible that the video views are associated with a new cookie (the contact cleared their cookie history) and that new cookie needs a form submission in order to be associated with the contact.
- Check the Wistia integration status in HubSpot (under Account Menu > Integrations). HubSpot has a validation in place to catch a common mistake when setting up the Wistia integration. You may have entered Wistia's Public Token into the HubSpot connect screen instead of Wistia's Master Token. If this is the case, the Wistia integration should be showing you an error message, and you'll want to disconnect and re-run steps 6 and 7 from the Wistia setup instructions with the Wistia Master Token.