Contacts can be manually added or removed from static lists. The only way to remove contacts from smart lists is to change the smart list criteria or change information on the contact record to match the smart list criteria.
To manually add a contact to a static list:
- In your HubSpot Marketing account, navigate to Contacts > Contacts.
- Click the name of the contact.
- Navigate to the List Memberships section.
- Click Manage list memberships.
- Click on the Search for static lists dropdown and select the desired static list.
- Click Add contact to this list.
To remove a contact from a static list:
- In your HubSpot Marketing account, navigate to Contacts > Lists.
- Click on the name of the static list.
- Select the checkbox next to the contact's name and click Remove from list.
- When the pop-up appears, click Remove contacts to confirm.
Please remember: contacts cannot be manually added or deleted from smart lists because smart lists dynamically update based on the criteria used to build the list. You will not see the same options outlined above for smart lists.