It is not possible to manually remove a contact from a smart list. Contacts can only be manually removed from static lists.
To remove a contact from a smart list, create a custom contact property and change the criteria of the smart list to exclude that property.
- Create a custom property.
- Give the contact a value for the custom property.
- Add the following criteria to your smart list: Contact Property | name of custom property | is unknown
- Any contacts with a value for the custom property will be removed from the smart list.
You can also exclude specific contacts based on email address:
- Edit your smart list and add the following criteria as an AND condition.
- Contact Property | Email | is not equal to | email address of contact you want to exclude from the list
If you have several contacts to remove from your smart list, use this method: