Contacts can be manually added to or removed from static lists. The only way to remove contacts from active lists is to change the list criteria or change information on the contact record to match the list criteria.
Add a contact to a static list
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts > Contacts.
- Click the name of the contact.
- Navigate to the List Memberships section.
- Click Manage list memberships.
- Click on the Search for static lists dropdown and select the desired static list.
- Click Add contact to this list.
Remove a contact from a static list
Please note: contacts cannot be manually added or deleted from active lists because they dynamically update based on the list criteria. Check out our Community post for a workaround.
Removing contacts from a static list does not delete them from your HubSpot portal. Learn more about permanently deleting contacts in a list.
- In your HubSpot Marketing Hub Basic, Professional, or Enterprise account, navigate to Contacts > Lists.
- Click the name of the static list.
- Find the contact(s) you wish to remove from the list and select the checkbox next to their name(s).
- Click Remove from list at the top of the table.
- In the dialog box that appears, click Remove to confirm.