Meetings works in tandem with your connected Google or Office 365 calendar. While you will not see the events from your calendar in the Meetings tool, we're continuously referencing your calendar to make sure that you are never double booked for a meeting.
Here's how Meetings availability works:
- You set your default availability within your Settings in Meetings. This represents the days of the week and hours on each day that you'd like to be available for bookings.
- Any times that are booked on your connected calendar with an event that is set to show as Busy within the blocks of time you've set here will not be open to your prospects for booking. In order to ensure that you do not get booked for a time when you're busy, make sure your calendar events are set to Show as Busy. This will work for specifically scheduled calendar events, as well as All day calendar events. Learn how to set your events to show as busy here.
- Events on your calendar that come from a shared calendar will not be reflected in your Meetings availability. These events will need to be copied over to your default calendar in order for that time to be blocked off in Meetings.
- Your availability will remain the same each week until you change it.
- You can also set a minimum notice time and buffer time for each individual meeting link. The minimum notice time dictates how far in advance of the meeting a contact can book you. The buffer time allows you to prevent meetings from being booked too closely together (e.g. if you have a meeting from 1:00-1:30pm and have a buffer time of 30 minutes, the next available meeting time would be 2:00pm).
Learn more about configuring your Meetings settings here.