While each member of your team will need to set up their own office hours for sales messages, you can have some control over who is available for chatting using message routing.
You have a few options:
You can set up message routing so messages are assigned in a round-robin fashion to online teams and users as well as route email leads to users:
- In your HubSpot Sales Hub Starter or Professional account, navigate to Conversations > Messages.
- Click Settings in the upper-right corner to access your messages.
- Hover over your message and click Edit.
- Click Routing on the left.
- Use the dropdown menu to select user(s) and team(s) for round-robin routing, where messages are routed to the first available team or team member online.
- Click Save.
You have the option of checking the box beside If a visitor is owned, route their incoming chats to the HubSpot owner. Enabling the rotate to owner option will route all incoming messages to the assigned owner of a contact. If a visitor already exists in your contacts database and is owned and tracked with a cookie, then their owner's avatar will be shown in the messages chat window. When the visitor sends a message, it'll be routed to the visitor's owner if they're online. If the owner is offline, then the message will be emailed to the visitor's owner.
When this setting is enabled, messages will be sent to the contact owner instead of the team members that have been specified in message routing.
If you have this option enabled and a visitor is not an owned contact in your database, then their message will be routed to whichever team members have been specified in message routing.
After setting yourself as Away, you can enable Reassign replies so any conversations that are replied to when you are away are reassigned to other online team members:
- In your Sales Hub Starter or Professional account, navigate to Conversations > Messages.
- Click a chat in the left sidebar menu to open the conversation.
- In the upper right-hand corner, click your avatar dropdown menu and switch the Away mode toggle ON. Then switch the Reassign replies toggle ON.