In order for the message widget to work properly, you will want to ensure that two things are set up correctly:
- The messages embed code snippet has been added to your website.
- Your messages settings are configured to display on your website or webpage.
First, you can ensure that the messages embed code has been added to your website properly by following through this article that outlines installing the embed code in a few of the most common content management systems.
Second, check the webpage URL via your messages settings:
- Navigate to Sales Tools > Messages.
- Hover over the message that isn't appearing properly > click Edit.
- From the left side menu, choose Target audience > ensure the Webpage URL is set up correctly.
- This setting allows you to pick which pages display the messages widget. If you select some specific URLs, the widget will only appear on these pages. If you would like the Messages widget to appear on all of your website pages, then add /* to the end of your domain in the Webpage URLs box. So your domain would display like this: yourwebsite.com/*
- Make sure you click Save changes at the top-right of this page.