The competitors report allows you record your site's authority over time, and compare your company to other companies in your industry. If your report is not updating or you aren't seeing the expected data, review the following:
Why is my competitors report not updating?
The competitors report automatically updates every seven days. There are two ways to manually refresh the data in the report. In your HubSpot account, navigate to Reports > Analytics Tools. Click Competitors, then try the following:
- Click the gear icon to the right of a domain name and select Update website.
- Click on a competitor domain name, then click Marketing Grader Report. In the top right corner, click Update Now.
If the competitors report does not update after you've done a manual refresh and verified your company information:
Why isn't my site showing a traffic rank in the competitors report?
In the competitors report, traffic rank is your website's rank compared to millions of other sites on the Internet. This data is collected by an external service, Alexa, and displayed within HubSpot.
If you do not see a value for traffic rank in the competitors after refreshing the data in the report:
- Visit alexa.com and enter your site's URL to see the information that Alexa has collected about your site.
- If you do not see a traffic rank in Alexa, the service may not have enough data to measure your website.
Why doesn't the competitors report see the link to my blog on my website?
To grade your blog, the competitors report will look for a link to the blog that is included within the HTML code of your website. If the tool is not able to find the URL, check if your link is redirecting to a different URL - the tool does not recognize redirects, so the URL for your blog must match the URL linked on your site.
If the competitors report is not able to automatically detect your blog URL, you can manually add the URL:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Reports > Analytics Tools. Click Competitors, then select your domain.
- Click Marketing Grader Report in the top right corner.
- Click on the gear icon under your domain name.
- In the Blog URL field, enter a blog URL then click Save.