HubSpot provides you with the ability to filter out referral traffic from specific domains. This setting can help block unwanted (or spam) traffic.
Please note: if you want to block traffic from your own external domains, follow the instructions here instead.
- In your HubSpot account, click your photo or avatar in the top right-hand corner, then click Settings.
- On the left, select Install Code & Tracking.
- Click the Advanced Tracking tab.
- Scroll down to the Exclude traffic section. In From these referrers, enter domains you wish to filter. If you block the following domain: thisdomain.com, the result will be: thisdomain.com blocked and *.thisdomain.com (e.g., blog.thisdomain.com) but not thisdomain.* (e.g., thisdomain.biz).
- Click Save at the bottom to take your changes live.
Please note: this setting does not work retroactively. Once you add a domain to this section, it will work going forward but will not be able to remove traffic that has already been tracked.