Adding the HubSpot tracking code to your website pages hosted on Joomla will allow HubSpot to provide you valuable analytics pertaining to your website's visits. You may see these visits in your HubSpot portal by going to Reports > Sources. You may see additional analytics by going to Reports > Page Performance.
There may be more than one way to add the HubSpot tracking code onto your Joomla website pages. Regardless of the way you choose, the tracking code must reside above the </body> on any page(s) you wish to track. If you are not comfortable adding the HubSpot tracking code to your Joomla website pages, please contact your website administrator for assistance.
If you do feel comfortable adding the HubSpot tracking code yourself, below are two ways you could accomplish this task. With either method, you'll first need to copy your HubSpot tracking code:
- In HubSpot, navigate to Reports > Reports Settings.
- In the Tracking code section, click Copy to clipboard.
- Use one of the following methods to add your tracking code to your website on Joomla.
Method 1: Via an installed Joomla extension of your choice
Select an extension from the Joomla Extension Directory where you may paste in the HubSpot Tracking Code.
Method 2: Via the 'index.php' file
- Log into Joomla as an administrator. Navigate to Extensions > Templates > Templates.
- Click the name of your template.
- Select index.php in the left sidebar.
- Paste the HubSpot tracking code directly above the </body> tag.
- Click Save.