To prevent visits from a domain not hosted on HubSpot from showing up under the Referrals bucket in your sources report, follow the steps below:
- In your HubSpot Marketing Basic, Professional, or Enterprise account, navigate to Reports > Reports Settings.
- Select the Advanced Tracking tab.
- In the Domain table, click + Add domain.
- In the dialog box, enter a domain and click Add. Repeat these steps for any domains that are part of your site but are not hosted on HubSpot or part of your main domain.
- Verify that the switch is toggled ON for Automatic cross-domain linking.
- Click Save.
HubSpot attaches parameters to your links from one domain to another (__hsfp, __hssc, and __hstc) to track visitors as they travel between your domains. Moving forward, traffic between these domains will be considered as part of your website and will not appear in your sources report under Referrals.
Please note: existing referral data will not be removed retroactively.