After a visit is categorized as a Paid Search visit, HubSpot looks at the referring site, in particular the value passed in the q= parameter to determine what was the search term the contact used to find your site.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Reports > Analytics Tools.
- Select Traffic Analytics.
- In the Sources tab, locate the data table below the chart visualization.
- In the Paid Search row, click the number in the New contacts row.
- In the right pane, select a contact.
- On the contact record, in the About card, click View all properties.
- Search for the contact property First Referring Site. This contact property contains the contact's referring site.
Within the parameters of the referring site, the q= parameter details the search term the contact used to find your site.
There may be instances when the referring site does not provide such information.
If the q= parameter isn't present in the first referring site, HubSpot will next look for the utm_term value in the URL to determine the keyword used. If this is not present, you will see the visit sub-categorized as Content network (Adsense or other).