The HubSpot Ads tool automatically creates leads that come through Facebook Lead Ads once you authenticate your Facebook account to HubSpot.
This article will walk you through how to integrate HubSpot Ads and Facebook Lead Ads, and how they work with one another once you've done so.
Connect Facebook Lead Ads in HubSpot
- From your HubSpot Marketing account, navigate to Reports > Ads.
- Click the Settings tab > choose Facebook from the left side menu > click Connect your Facebook Account.
- A dialog box will appear indicating which permissions are necessary to allow HubSpot to track Facebook ads. Review the information, then confirm that you'd like to Connect Facebook now.
- You can confirm whether or not leads are being pulled in by looking at your Facebook settings in HubSpot Ads. If lead ads are not being tracked you will see an alert. Click Grant permissions to give HubSpot the necessary permissions to track lead ads.
- You will also need to make sure that you have the correct Facebook permissions in order for HubSpot to track your lead ads.
- You must be set as an Advertiser or Admin at the account level for the connected Facebook Ads account. See more information about Facebook ad account permissions here.
- You must be set as an Admin for any specific pages that have lead ads you'd like to track.
- This can be assigned by the current admin in the Facebook Business Manager or via Facebook Page settings. For information and instructions for managing page roles, please check out this resource.
- You'll be able to check the status of your lead ads pages by returning to Reports > Ads and clicking Settings, then Facebook. You'll see Not tracking next to pages for which the permission level is not set correctly.
How it works
Once you follow the above steps to connect Facebook and HubSpot Ads, HubSpot will automatically import new leads generated from Lead Ads. HubSpot will also recreate a form event inside HubSpot (as shown below) that mimics the lead ad form and append all the data from your Ad Campaign on the contact record.
This new import of leads means you can now build new smart lists for just lead ad conversions to ensure quick follow up and workflows based on hot leads.
If the lead ad submission is, indeed, a conversion event for the given contact (meaning they were not already a lead), you will also see the lead appear in the ads tool as any other lead would in the Ads tool.