You can use the campaign analytics tool to measure the effectiveness of the marketing campaigns you've created in HubSpot. The tool analyzes five metrics to quantify how your marketing content contributes directly to closed deals and revenue. Learn about the data pulled to provide you these metrics.
View campaign metrics
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Reports > Analytics Tools.
- Select Campaign Analytics.
- In the upper left, use the dropdown menu to select the report metric. Use the Date range and Frequency filters to specify a time period and frequency for the report.
- In the table, select or clear the checkbox next to a campaign to include or exclude it from the report.
- Click a column header to sort your campaign data by a specific metric. To focus on specific metrics, click Edit columns to select the metrics to display in the report.
- Click the Style dropdown menu to select the data visualization: Area or Column.
Please note: HubSpot only attributes data from assets or content to a campaign after the asset or content is associated with the campaign. Any metrics (e.g., new contacts) prior to the association will not be included in the campaign analytics.
Measures the number of contacts (new and existing) that have engaged with assets related to a campaign. A contact is influenced by a campaign when:
- they visit a URL with a corresponding utm_campaign parameter.
- they visit content associated with the campaign.
- their first page view has a referral keyword associated with the campaign.
- they click or view a CTA associated with the campaign.
- they interact with an associated social message.
- they enroll in an associated workflow.
- they open or click an associated email.
Please note: when filtering influenced contacts by Date range, only net new contacts that were influenced in that date range will be included. For example, if you filter for This week, you will not see contacts that were influenced prior to this week, even if they were also influenced this week.
SessionsMeasures traffic to website assets related to the campaign. Sessions will be attributed to a campaign when:
- a visitor visits a page or blog post URL contains utm_campaign parameters.
- a visitor views a page or blog post associated with the campaign.
- a visitor arrives at a page or blog post through an associated referral keyword.
New contacts (first touch)
The number of newly created contacts, attributed to the campaign that brought them to your website for the first time. Contacts will appear in this report when:
- the first page they visit has a URL containing utm_campaign parameters.
- the first page they visit is associated with the campaign.
- the first page they visit is through a referral keyword associated with the campaign.
New contacts (last touch)
The number of newly created contacts, attributed to the campaign that led to their conversion. Contacts will appear in this report when:
- they convert on a page where the URL contains utm_campaign parameters.
- they convert on a page where the referring keyword is associated with the campaign.
- visit a page or submit a form that's associated with the campaign before converting.
The number of closed won deals associated with influenced contacts. In order for a deal to appear in this report:
- the deal must be closed after the contact is influenced by the campaign.
- the deal must be associated with the contact at the time that it is closed.
Please note: if a deal doesn’t have a value in the Close date property, HubSpot will use the date that the Deal stage was set to Closed Won instead. If you filter this report by date range but aren’t seeing the deals that you expect, make sure that the Close date property is set correctly.
The total revenue of closed won deals that are associated with influenced contacts. The total is from the sum of the Amount property of closed won deals. Only influenced deals will contribute to this total.
For more information on campaign analytics and the campaigns tool, refer to the Campaign analytics FAQ.